Wednesday, October 10, 2007

NEW Adventures in the Life of Brenda #5: Autumn has Arrived

Fall is my favorite time of year. There are many reasons why I like fall above all other seasons. This morning was one of those reasons. It was the type of crisp morning where one fires up a hot pot of coffee, warms up some oatmeal, and slips into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Abi had just gone down for her morning nap and Jon had just finished his homework for later that day. He and I snuggled on the couch with our warm beverages and before you knew it we were giggling and guffawing at nothing in particular. It was just a fine fall morning and we had each other to laugh with. Jon ended up missing the bus this morning and he had to take the car to the University and pay $12 for parking. But it's been a long time since we just relaxed and enjoyed each other. As I kissed him good-bye, I felt confident that I had just spent $12 the best way I knew how :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow - that sounds so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Those are the days that we need to remember on the days when our cars get towed to the impound lot, eh? =) May you two have sweet moments like this throughout your lifetime together!!!