Friday, March 30, 2007

NEW Adventures in the Life of Brenda #2: I'm not the only one enjoying spring break

So I'm kind of on spring break. We don't have school, but I'm working a couple days with the extended-care program...aka glorified daycare. Today we went on a field trip to the Como Zoo. We saw a penguin poop on the floor and eat a fish, a monkey pick another monkey's nose, and a giraffe walk in sad circles in a small "winter shelter." But the highlight of the day came when we visited the lions' rooms. All the kids gathered around the windows looking over the lions as they napped. All the commotion must have disturbed the lions because the woke up and stretched. Then they commenced to...mate. In front of my 25 kids. We three chaperones just gave each other the best disguised "I can't believe this is happening!" looks behind our hands. After the kids grew less interested in their "wrestling" I said, "Well, it is spring break...!"

1 comment:

The Charlebois said...

Too funny!
BTW - I had no idea you had a blog!!!! What the dilly, yo??? You gotta SHARE this kind of info!