Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Norbert" Update: The Beginning of The End

Well as of yesterday, July 18th, we are only 4 weeks away from meeting our baby! I met with our midwife yesterday and we talked about labor, delivery, and "drugs" (which Jon and I are going to try to avoid as much as possible, but we're leaving the door open!). Hehehe...I just read that last sentence, and yes, Jon is also going to try to avoid using any sort of drugs while I'm in labor...! TRY!

Baby's head is already facing down and is locked into my pelvic bone (which makes for uncomfortable movement of...anything). And I'm one cm dialated (which isn't much, but I'll take what I can get!) The midwife guess-timated that "Norbert" is a little small and is probably somewhere between 5 and 5 1/2 pounds at this point, putting "him" between 7 and 7 1/2 pounds at birth.

In the meantime we just finished our "birthing classes" and we learned a great deal! But ever since then, Jon has been watching me like a ticking time bomb. Which I am, I guess. Really, baby could come at any time!! We learned that very soon before the baby comes, mom goes through a "nesting" phase where she feels a large urge to clean and organize etc. Believe me, my "to do" list keeps getting longer! But what I didn't figure in was that Jon would go through a "nesting" phase, too! I came home from grocery shopping yesterday to find our bedroom all flipped around to accommodate a "nursery corner" where my art studio used to be! (bye bye art studio...see you again when we have more space!) He even set up one of my poseable art figures to look like it was carrying a baby :) HE EVEN VACUUMED! What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

Well, that's my update. I do have a prayer request if you wouldn't mind bowing your heads for a minute today. I left my job at the beginning of June and so my insurance provider will be changing. However, we are waiting for our application to go through, and as you can imagine, time is running short! Jon and I have done everything we can, and so we are waiting on the Lord. God is teaching me to "be still and know that He is God" or better yet "be still and LET HIM BE GOD." I have really let go of control in this situation because there is nothing I can do to speed up the process. Please just pray with us that the application goes through and that it does so in time for the delivery! We have faith that God will come through for us!

3 comments:

The Charlebois said...

Hang on tight, Mama! I went into labor the day after I was 1cm dialated at the docs office.
Can't wait to meet baby Gill!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!! Take lots of pictures and post them for us to see! :D

Anonymous said...

Wondering what the latest "Norbert" update is.

Sara Roy